Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Well-Read Failure!

FAIL, FAIL, FAIL!

Well, shame on me!  I failed at updating this blog, I failed at the photo challenge I was so excited about, and I've basically just been a big lazy failure!  Oh - and it's official - I'm 30 now.  PITY PARTY FOR ME!!!
In other news.... I've been really into reading lately.... books that is.  I like books.  I like to hold paper, smell the ink (sometimes the mildew), and turn the pages.  I'm not into all that fancy electronic crap - the Kindle, the Nook, The iPad - BLAH!  Nothing can take the place of a good old fashioned paperback in your hands.  I noticed that I tend to read a lot of fiction, some "chick-lit," and I have a soft spot for memoirs - which is ironic, considering I never thought of myself as a big fan of autobiographies or biographies in general.  I've read some really good books, and some really awful ones.

Since I prefer to own all my books (unfortunately the ones I hated also) rather than check them out from the library, I have developed a love affair with http://www.amazon.com/.  I could browse all day and I thoroughly enjoy clicking through the 45 pages of recommendations I am presented with every day because I get a real kick out of seeing that Amazon recommends I purchase "Are You There, Vodka?  It's Me, Chelsea" and "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air: The Complete First Season."  And you know what?  Amazon has really hit the nail on the head with it's recommendations - I'll tell you that.  They can read me like a book - no pun intended!

Anyway - so I have this new obsession with Amazon.  I also have a life-long obsession with sharing my opinions with others whether they want to hear them or not, so recently I started leaving reviews on Amazon.  If you want to read them, and I suggest you DO, here is the link:  http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-reviews/A32F7XPPKIILVC/ref=cm_cr_pr_auth_rev?ie=UTF8&sort_by=MostRecentReview

So, like I was saying - I like to share my opinion, but lately I've gotten really consumed with checking all my reviews (sometimes multiple times a day) to see if people have found them "helpful."  If someone reads your review and likes it, Amazon asks if they found it helpful: yes or no.  If you click yes, it shows up.  If you click no, it shows up also and I get SO OFFENDED when someone clicks no!  I know it's silly, but it bothers me because obviously, I am always right so I don't understand how anybody could dare disagree with my opinion and/or not find my insight helpful! 

Well, that's all I've got tonight - off to unwind and read!

No comments:

Post a Comment