Thursday, March 31, 2011

Georgia on my mind...

Well, we did it.  We planned a little getaway.  A long weekend, which is much needed, and very overdue.  Since our San Francisco/Monterey debacle for New Years, I was very hesitant to plan another vacation.  We're planning to go to Argentina in June, but we really just needed a little break before hand.  So a long weekend it is.  We decided to visit Savannah, GA.  If you can recall, I listed Savannah on my "bucket list" so I'm thrilled to get to cross one off so soon! 

It's sort of a last minute trip - we were being very spontaneous.  We decided to drive - mostly because we didn't realize there were super cheap direct flights into Savannah (which there totally are), but also because I'm so paranoid about flying now.  I don't want to have another vacation ruined because of a flight cancellation. 

We finally decided on the AVIA hotel and booked our room.  That was no easy task.  First, we had to decide if we wanted to go the hotel route or try to do a B&B.  As luck would have it - because we're such procrastinators and always wait until the last minute - the decision was basically made for us - most B&Bs were already booked for at least one of the days we planned to visit.  Then, after extensive research (thank you, TripAdvisor), and much advice from friends, we chose the AVIA.  Other hotels we debated - Planters Inn on Reynolds Square, The Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront, Marriott Savannah Riverfront, Marshall House, and Mansion on Forsyth Park.  I think in the end, we made the best decision. 

Here are some pictures of beautiful Savannah.  I hope I love it as much as everyone tells me I will!






Can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment