Friday, March 4, 2011

Music to my ears

As I previously stated in an earlier blog post, I have a very interesting relationship with music.  I like what I like and screw everything else.  Well, with my new car came a free trial of Sirius XM.  Now, I'm no stranger to XM - D's had it in his car for several years, and everytime I drive his car, I take full advantage of it.  I usually stick to the few stations I know well - Lithium (54 - previously Lucy on XM), The Pulse (26 - previously Flight 26 on XM), etc. etc.  I have no use for Howard Stern, and as a general rule, avoid any and all talk radio - whether it's politics, news, religion, or humor.  I want my music, bitches!  And my biggest complaint about the regular old radio is that every freaking station takes commercial breaks at the same time - SOOO ANNOYING!!!  In my old car, I'd usually just listen to my mp3s but even that gets old - sometimes you just want a little variety.

Well, one of my favorite stations - naturally - is 90s on 9.  Love it.  Can't get enough.  I may have to become an Sirius XM subscriber because it's going to be too hard for me to let go in 2 more months.

In the past 2 days, the following songs have graced my ears:
Vanilla Ice - Ice Ice Baby
US3/Cantaloop - Flip Fantasia
Semi Sonic - Closing Time
Green Day - Geek Stink Breath
311 - All Mixed Up
Alanis Morisette - Ironic
Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch - Good Vibrations
The Offspring - Self Esteem
Britney Spears - Baby One More Time

Ummmm - more, more, more.... yes, please, and thank you!

1 comment:

  1. With those music selections - you could play car DJ with me. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete