Monday, February 7, 2011

My TRAVEL Bucket List

I have a lot of interests..... and I go through phases with them.  I guess you could call them "hobbies."  I like reading, drawing/painting, photography, scrapbooking, and general arts & crafts.  One thing that I have always had a passion for is traveling.  I love it!  I once made a statement that I wanted to visit every continent (even Antarctica) before I die at least once. 

D's family is from Argentina - and his parents moved back there a couple of years ago.  We booked tickets to visit them this June (God willing - so long as we don't have another San Francisco/Monterey debacle).  And that got me thinking of all the places I want to visit...... my Travel Bucket List if you will. 

I'm pretty much all over the place as far as places I want to visit...... and I am reserving the right to add and/or amend any of these places as I see fit. 

1.  Machu Picchu - Peru.  I've been talking about this one for some time now.  I'm trying to convince D to take a side-trip when we're in South America so I can experience this!

2.  The Galápagos Islands - Ecuador.  Not too far from Machu Picchu! (hint, hint)

3.  Cinque Terre - Italy.  Of all the times I've traveled to Italy, I've never been!  Usually we're too busy visiting with family and friends - although last time we visited (2008) we managed to take a few days and visit Venice and Rome (my first time to Rome!)

4.  Seychelles.  A couple of years ago, they went to Seychelles on The Amazing Race and I was breathless!

5.  The Maldives.  While we're talking about random island nations in the Indian Ocean, I'd like to go here too!

6.  Santorini - Greece.  B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L.  So romantic.  I'd love to honeymoon in Greece.... I'm just sayin!

7.  Cappadocia - Turkey.  I love places that are different and unique.  Cappadocia definitely fits the bill!

8.  Egypt.  I know, I know..... not right now - obviously - but I'd love to visit - you know, when things calm down.  I've had a few different friends who have gone and they have loved it!  Oddly enough, a few weeks before everything happened in Egypt, D mentioned that it's a place he'd like to visit one day.  Key words - ONE DAY.

9.  Barcelona - Spain.  My mom was lucky enough to visit Barcelona a few years ago - as a chaperone on a high school field trip.  I was so jealous!

10.  Lake Tahoe - Nevada.  In the winter.  I've never seen snow.  Born and raised in South Florida and I've never gotten to experience true coldness.  I'd love to go skiing one day in beautiful Lake Tahoe.  Truth be told, I'd probably try it, fall and/or hurt myself, and then spend my time sipping hot cocoa in the jacuzzi at the lodge - but so be it!

11.  Japan.  I want to see cherry blossoms.  And Mount Fuji.  And eat lots of sushi! 

12.  Sydney - Australia.  My best friend's cousin moved to Sydney for work and he absolutely loves it..... so who knows - maybe this one will pan out!  When he was living in New York City (also for work) we visited him and stayed in his apartment - so why not Australia?

13.  Savannah - Georgia.  This one isn't too far away - it's practically right at my fingertips.  I'm thinking it would be a sweet, romantic, long weekend.  I'll have to throw that idea out tonight - who knows......

14.  Hawaii.  Okay - first of all - doesn't this picture look like it came straight out of a travel agent's office from 1989?  Seriously.  Or is it just me?  Anyway - I've always wanted to got Hawaii - I think most people do.  Who wouldn't? 

15.  San Francisco - California.  I'm slightly bitter (okay - I'm a lot bitter) about having to STILL list this one.... but it is what it is.  One day, one day.......

I'm sure I will continue to add more places to my bucket list, but for right now it's pretty ambitious - and I'm totally fine with that.  Now to start planning my time line!


No comments:

Post a Comment