Friday, April 29, 2011

Oh, those crazy Brits!

Today was the Royal Wedding and I have a confession to make..... I love the Brits!  And I am obsessed with the Royals.  And I suddenly feel the need to own a Philip Treacy hat, like immediately. 

I think Kate Middleton looked absolutely beautiful and her sister Pippa is a real hottie!  Who knew?  I do adore Prince William, but he's definitely loosing his hair at record speed.  Everyone says he looks just like his mother, Princess Diana, but I have to disagree.  I think he looks more and more like Charles as he gets older.  Harry definitely got the better end of that stick - and a full head of ginger to boot! 

I did not wake up at 4am though - I might be obsessed, but I'm not insane.  I knew it would be repeated over and over all day long.  I did see the first (and second) public kiss live though.  I couldn't leave the house for work until I saw it, which subsequently resulted in me being 45 minutes late. 

With all the depressing stuff in the news lately - earthquakes in Australia, Japan, etc., tornados in the South, the unrest throughout the middle east and Africa, the struggling economies all over the world - it was so refreshing to finally watch something joyous and beautiful for a change. 

Here's to the new Princess and her Prince!  I guess dreams really can come true! 

No comments:

Post a Comment