Monday, February 14, 2011

The Grammys - in my words

I usually don't really "watch" awards shows.  Sure, they're on the TV, but they're usually in the background.  Last night, however, I actually watched the Grammys.  And I have some thoughts..... naturally.  Many are in the form of a question - because I was thoroughly confused at times......

1.  I don't like Lady Gaga.  I blogged about this some time ago - over a year ago actually.  She's so weird and just UGH.  If she was seriously talented, she wouldn't need all the fan fare and ridiculousness.  Get over yourself, Lady Gaga.  And what was with the egg?  I don't get her. 
2.  I miss Lenny Kravitz's dreads.  I know they've been gone for some time now, but seeing him again last night sans dreadlocks - it just wasn't working for me as much as his other looks.  I love Lenny - and I always will, but I miss the hair.  Sidenote - you know he's 46 years old?  46!  He looks amazing!
3.  Why does Christina Aguilera look like a fat, hot mess?  She seriously looks like she should be living in an over 55 community with that platinum hair.  Yuck.  Amazing voice though - I don't care if she screws up the lyrics or falls down - girl can sing!
4.  Why are J-Lo and Marc Anthony so awkward together?  Marc Anthony seriously creeps me out for some reason. 
5.  Do people actually like Rhianna?  I don't. 
6.  Did Eminem age 30 years between the year he starred in 8 mile and last night?  Did making those Detroit and Brisk Iced Tea commercials put a strain on him or something?  Dude looked old!
7.  What the HELL was Cee Lo Green wearing?  I loved his performance with Gwyneth Paltrow, but he looked like a supersized Dodo Bird.
8.  Who the hell are Arcade Fire and how did they win Album of the Year?
9.  I am personally happy and satisfied that Justin Bieber did NOT win Best New Artist.  I'm not sure who the chick who won is - but I'm just glad the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences does not have Bieber Fever.
10.  I'm happy Lady Antebellum won - their performance of "Need You Now" is the only performance from last year's Grammys that I actually remember, but enough already - I'm totally sick of that song - Cee Lo should have won!
11.  Jennifer Hudson looks FREAKIN AMAZING!  I can't get over it!  She's absolutely stunning.  Makes me want to sign up for Weight Watchers just so I can feel as great as she looks!
12.  I totally dig Bruno Mars.  I shouldn't like him - everything in my gut tells me that I shouldn't.  But I do. 
13.  Mick Jagger is what????  300 years old?  Eat a sandwich, man.
14.  Florence Welch (who performed in the opening act) should have sang The Dog Days Are Over instead.  Sidenote:  I watched the movie Eat, Pray, Love this weekend for the first time.  I wrote a review on Amazon if you want to check it.  I was PISSED that her song was not actually featured in the movie - yet it was in all the trailers for the movie. 
15.  Barbra Streisand (not Barbara, Barbra!) - one of the most elusive singers of all time - makes an appearance at the 2011 Grammys and sings Evergreen from like the 1970s?  Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful song, and Barbra is an amazing talent, but I was hoping for something a little newer maybe.  My mom was/is a huge Streisand fan, and subsequently I know pretty much every lyric to every song she sings - scary - yet true.

And there you have it - my Grammy wrap-up!

No comments:

Post a Comment