Friday, February 11, 2011

I {heart} you, Carpisa

Last time I was in Italy, my cousin recommended I stop by this store called Carpisa in downtown Ventimiglia.  They sell handbags, luggage, and related accessories (belts, wallets, totes, etc.)  And they're CHEAP!  I would describe it as the Forever 21 of handbags. 
I instantly fell in love!  The bags were cute - really cute - and good quality.  Plus, nobody back home would have ever heard of Carpisa, so of course I had to have one many, as did my mom.  We bought several bags..... looking back now, I should have purchased more.  For the past 3 years, I've hunted these bags down.  The stores are a dime a dozen in Italy (over 500 is what their website said) - I saw them all over Rome - but they don't have a website that lets you purchase online.  BUMMER.  I've looked on eBay and have found a few, but they're the ugly ones (of course). 

I'm not even joking, but I have gotten more compliments on my yellow Carpisa tote bag than on any other bag I own - including my Louis Vuitton bags.  What does that tell you? 

If anybody has ever heard of this brand or knows where you can purchase their handbags online, I would love to know!  And Carpisa..... please please please start selling your products online!  Next time I visit my family, I'll have to bring an empty suitcase with me just to fill it up with my purchaes....... hindsight is 20/20 after all. 

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean! Their bags are so cute, especially for me as a turtle lover!
    We used to go to Italy every fall, but I haven't since 2006ish and had to rely on my Mum to bring back a bag or two and some accessories. I want a suitcase so badly!
    And the worst part is, they finally opened a store in Germany and it's not in Berlin, where I live, but in some remote little town. Bummer!

    We should start a petition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. eu sou do Brasil, e acabei de ganhar uma bolsa linda da Carpisa !! amei ! Linda demais !

    ReplyDelete