Saturday, January 15, 2011

Chelsea Handler, anyone?

I love Chelsea Handler.  Well, to be more specific, I love Chelsea Lately - her talk show.  My favorite part is the round table (and I love when Ross Matthews is on her roundtable).  I'm not a huge fan of her standup, oddly enough.  A friend of mine saw her live and said she was hilarious.  D's sister and brother-in-law saw her live and not so much.  And since I never enjoyed her specials on Comedy Central, I'm not rushing out to see her perform.

But I do love her show.  I love her attitude, and her sarcasm.  I'd hate to be on her bad side.  I recently read all 3 of her books (IN ORDER):

-- My Horizontal Life: A Collection of One-Night Stands
--Are You There, Vodka?  It's Me, Chelsea
-- Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang
I gotta admit - they weren't as dirty as I had (hoped) expected.  I wanted a little something more.  And furthermore, I liked them in order from oldest to newest!  I laughed out loud (a lot) while reading My Horizontal Life.  I chuckled a bit while reading Are You There, Vodka?  I didn't really even smile so much during Bang Bang.

So, if you're a fan, like I am, maybe you'll feel the same way.  Or maybe I'm just crazy.  Either way, I enjoyed reading them - they read exactly like she speaks.  Whaaaaat.... a coincidence.  I'm just sayin....

No comments:

Post a Comment