Sunday, January 16, 2011

My TBR list

I don't make resolutions.  It should be noted that I don't do that because I never keep them.  And who wants to set themselves up for failure?  Not me! 

I do, however, read quite a bit.  It's something I fall into and out of.  There will be weeks where I tear through a book every few days, and othertimes when it takes me a month to finish one.  That's how I roll.  One of the things I would like to do this year is find a book club to join.  Or start my own.  I'd like to read more - and on a more regular basis. 

I used to purchase books constantly on Amazon.com.  But damn, that shiznit gets expensive after a while.  I do, on occasion, re-read books, and I love having them on the shelf.  So I am not opposed to purchasing books, although I have recently been taking very much advantage of what the public library has to offer.  I find that when I check the book out (as opposed to purchasing) it makes me feel obligated to read it (since if I don't, I still have to return it). 

I have a stack of books that are on my To Be Read (TBR) list right now, that I will share, so I can track how well I do.  So far this year, I have read:

Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang by Chelsea Handler
Little Earthquakes by Jennifer Weiner

I am currently reading:

Pug Hill by Alison Pace

On my TBR list:

When in Rome by Gemma Townley (library)
Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella (library)
Jemima J by Jane Green (library, but due back on Tuesday so it's not making the cut this round!)
When You Are Engulfed in Flames by David Sedaris (purchased)
The Mermaid Chair by Sue Monk Kidd (given to me)
The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd (stolen from a friend)
Not Married, Not Bothered by Carol Clewlow (purchased in London in 2005)
Pack Up the Moon by Anna McPartlin (borrowed from mom)
Three Dog Life by Abigail Thomas (purchased)
Wedding Girl by Madeline Wickham (purchased)
Lost and Found by Carolyn Parkhurst (purchased)
Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer (started 2 years ago and never finished - borrowed)

In addition to that list, I am currently on hold at the library for the following:

My Formerly Hot Life by Stephanie Dolgoff
A Shore Thing by Snooki (I couldn't resist - don't judge me)
Certain Girls by Jennifer Weiner

Naturally, the books that I currently own, borrowed from friends, or stole always take a back seat to the ones I check out from the library.  Regardless, I would like to read at least 3 books a month - so we'll see how that plays out this year.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment