Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Memories, Dreams, and Reflections of 2010

Let me start off by saying that although 2010 ended on a sour note, I enjoyed digging through my photos and reliving some of the good times all over again.  I also had to compile this list with pictures from my DSLR, my point & shoot, and Facebook - since my laptop died and took several months of photos along with it.  I managed to salvage as much as I could. 

Here we go!

1.  Me! - taken on vacation in Marco Island in front of the Marriott.  Typical hands-on-hips as I learned that helps with that yucky arm fat deal that sometimes happens in pictures!

2.  I Love You - D, Me, and Grandma - after dinner for her 92nd Birthday!

3.  Still Laughing... - I ripped a pair of jeans - don't ask how - and decided to make shorts..... well they were way too short for me, so I put them on Bailey.  Also, on New Year's Eve at a friend's house (after a few shots of Patron), she turned on her "Douglas the Singing Christmas Fir!"


4.  Winter Wonderland - Our neighbors go way overboard at Christmas time - complete with music.

5.  Birthday - Lexie turned 1 in February - I can't believe she's almost 2 already!

6.  Friends - Some good work friends at our Christmas Party.

7.  I Was Inspired... - by holiday bokeh pictures!  I still don't know how to actually SAY "bokeh," but I love the effect in photos!

8.  Spring Fever - We headed to the Morikami Japanese Gardens on a crisp spring day - the sky was beautiful.

9.  Travel or Vacation - Beautiful Marco Island sunset this summer, even though it was overcast.

10.  Summer Days - White sandy beaches and the Gulf of Mexico

11.  A Day In My Life - There was a time when I would come home almost every day to this guilty little face.  Bailey would hide behind the stairs as soon as she heard me open the door because she was on a destruction rampage.  Luckily, I haven't had one of these moments in a while!  The second picture was an unfortunate "poop bag" that she got a hold of when we left to go to the gym for an hour....


12.  All Smiles - Love that face!

13.  Autumn Harvest - We don't really have an autumn here in South Florida.  We basically lack any season except for Summer and Not-As-Humid.  I did snap this picture during the "autumn time" when I walked outside of my parents' house..... and the colors are "fall-ish..."

14.  Family - This picture isn't great - it's partially blurry because SOMEONE was moving.  We set the camera on a chair and used the self timer.... we're ghetto like that..... plus it wasn't the merriest of Christmases, but none the less, it's our little family.

15.  Celebrate! - In October, we traveled to Rock Hill, South Carolina to see our good friend, Jante, get married.  I snapped this picture right after they were announced as husband and wife and I love both of their faces.

16.  Let's Do It Again... - While photographing these 2 little beauties, it started raining and we had to cut it short.  I'd love to do it over again - weather permitting!

17.  I Miss You - I miss my precious little Morgan.  I wrote a post about it, but we had to put her to sleep 2 days after this past Christmas.  This picture is pretty bad, but it's the last picture I have with her.  I miss her every day - dogs are more than pets, they're family, and Morgan will be loved and missed forever.

18.  Beautiful - This picture was pretty awful straight out of the camera - kind of blurry, underexposed, etc.  I played with it a bit, and I think it now has a very beautiful, angelic look.  I dig it.

19.  Dress Up - Morgan, dressed up as a little flower this past Halloween.

20.  Macro - I really need to work on my Macro shots, but I love taking pictures of flowers.

21.  Holidays - This past 4th of July in Marco Island.

22.  My Favorite - I'm not sure why I like this picture so much.... I think it's the colors.

23.  Don't Ever Change - Oh to be young again without a care in the world, playing the air guitar, and running barefoot in the grass....

24.  Just Because...So There! - This picture always makes me smile.

25.  Hopes and Dreams - Well, I kinda cheated.  This picture was actually taken on 1/2/2011..... it's the road ahead.  Good riddance 2010, bring on 2011.

And there you have it - my 2010 in review. 



1 comment:

  1. It looks like you had a really great year - I'm loving your all smiles pictures. I hope your 2011 is even better!

    ReplyDelete