Sunday, January 9, 2011

Doggy Beach

Well, since D is out with his friend Dain tonight to celebrate his birthday, I'm kinda bored.  I'm exhausted, but I'm not quite ready to turn in for the night yet.  I'm chillin on the couch with Bailey - watching HGTV and I just ate a bowl of Frosted Mini Wheats.  (shhh....)

So today we went to Hollywood's Doggy Beach.  It was quite an experience.  I wasn't ready to let Bailey off the leash.  She goes to the dog park all the time off leash, but there were no fences or gates on the beach, and I didn't fear her going into the water or anything (she's NOT a fan), I was more afraid of her getting scared and running across the boardwalk and into the street. 

We met D's sister and brother-in-law, and their miniature poodle, Lola (also not allowed off leash just yet) and we hung out for about an hour.  There were a ton of dogs there - romping all around, jumping in the water, rolling in the sand.  Bailey wasn't so sure what to make of it - she was a little jumpy.  Then when I got home, someone I know told me (via Facebook) that I should be careful because I can easily pick up ringworm in the sand.  EWWW YUCK, and THANKS - that's definitely what I wanted to hear.  So now I'm so paranoid, we'll probably never go back!

I took some pictures - it was a really pretty day and I was trying (unsuccessfully) to play with some of the manual modes on my camera.









No comments:

Post a Comment