Monday, December 13, 2010

It's pretty much AMAZING!

If you know me, you know I LOVE The Amazing Race.  Deeply.  It's probably my favorite show on TV.  As soon as I hear the theme song my pulse races and I am instantly whisked away in to my imaginary world where I live vicariously through these strangers on the TV.  I want to be on the show..... although I'll admit, I've never actually tried out.  I should.  I'll put that on my list of things to do.  Anyway - like I was saying..... love this show.  LOVE LOVE LOVE it! 

Last night was Season 17's finale - and I was pleased with the outcome.  But what I was even more pleased about was the preview for next seasons all star cast! 

Behold:  The Amazing Race 18 - UNFINISHED BUSINESS!


Each season that I watch - I pick up various favorites.  And they never seem to win...... so imagine my excitement when I saw this promo last night.  It's like the producers read my mind and brought back some of my all time favorites! 

First, we have Kynt & Vyxsin - my numero uno..... EVER!  They're just 2 goth kids from Kentucky - whose hardest challenge will be finding the time to do their hair and makeup!  How can you not love them?  They were on Season 12 - which is one of my favorite seasons ever - even though they only came in 5th place!

Next up - Luke & Margie.  I love mother/son teams (and father/daughter teams).  Luke is deaf, and his mom is an amazing woman!  I thought for sure they would win Season 14, but they ended up coming in 3rd place.  I can't wait to see these 2 back again!

Jamie and Cara were also on Season 14 and came in 2nd place.  They sort of teamed-up with Luke & Margie.  To be honest, I still don't know which one is Jamie and which one is Cara.  I just remember these 2 firey, former NFL cheerleaders who hail from my hometown and how obnoxious they were to basically every cab driver they ever had - and I love them for it!

Finally, we have Flight Time & Big Easy - more simply said: The Globetrotters.  Literally - they're 2 members of the Harlem Globetrotters and they are hysterically funny to watch!  Granted they were from probably the worst season of the Amazing Race ever (Season 15), but they made the show worthy of watching every Sunday night!

The promo does show a lot of other teams (some of which I loved as well) but they don't show up on the official list of teams competing on Season 18.  One of those teams is another mother/son team: Dallas & Toni.  They ended up in 4th place on Season 13 because Dallas left their passports in a cab.  Sidenote, I always thought Dallas was really hot - even though he was kind of young for me.  You be the judge:

Anyway - I hope everyone will tune in on Sunday, February 18th for the premier of The Amazing Race: Season 18 - Unfinished Business.  It's sure to be AMAZING!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment