Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas Eve

I finished the wrapping last night - my back is killing me!  About halfway through I decided to bag everything else.... we have bags that have been collected over the years, and basically we just stick a new TO/FROM label over the old ones.  Some are about 5 or 6 labels deep - that's how we roll!  We just have to run out to grab a gift certificate to Brio today - then we're golden.  My tree is slowly dying a limpy death - the branches are drooping, and ornaments are falling off.  Good stuff! 

For some reason this year I just wasn't into Christmas.  Well, I know exactly why - because I'm too excited with our New Years trip to California (please stop raining).  I usually go all out - I wrap the spiral staircase with garland and lights, I clean like a maniac to make sure everything sparkles...... not so much this year.  The house is currently in a state of disarray, the stairs are NOT decked, and I have zero motivation to clean.  Our tree is surounded by a hard core gate, so we don't even get the full effect this year.  BUT, I am getting excited about going to my parents' house tomorrow to open presents.  I love watching people open gifts.  We got my dad a new laptop this year and concert tickets to see Andrea Bocelli, so I'm pretty excited about giving those to him tomorrow.  THAT is what makes me love the holidays.  It truly is better to give than to receive. 

Merry Christmas Eve! 

No comments:

Post a Comment