Monday, December 27, 2010

Thanks for the ride, Morgan, I LOVE YOU!

Tonight I had to say goodbye to my best friend.  I hope Morgan rests in peace - she will be loved and missed forever.  They literally had to drag her into the room on my old Strawberry Shortcake sleeping bag - and she was shaking and crying in pain.  She lifted her head to us - so I know she recognized us, but she couldn't hold her head up or wag her tail.  The vet told us they had to give her a mild sedative because when she originally woke up, she was thrashing and hurting herself.  It was quick and (hopefully) painless.  One of the hardest things I've ever had to do.  She's been my best friend since I was 16 years old - never judging me, and always there for me.  I think back now to all of the times I yelled at her or ignored her, and it breaks my heart.  I know she had a long, (mostly) healthy, and very happy life - and for that, I'm grateful.  She was treated better than most humans - that's just how my family rolls.  I'm upset, but at the same time, relieved that her suffering is over.  They say that when it's time to let them go, you just know - you can tell in the way they look at you - that they're ready.  She looked right into my eyes - but she couldn't wag her tail..... and I knew.  It was time.  Rest in peace, Morgan.  I will love you until the day I die. 


1 comment:

  1. Awwww....poor thing. Rest in Peace Morgan. As for Memories, Dreams and Reflections - I'll keep it open for one week unless I get a request for more time.

    ReplyDelete